For the past seven months, we have been tested and tried. And faced unprecedented, unplanned changes in our everyday lives. For so many reasons, there are some that have been praying to stay in faith despite the dark seasons, and some that have given up. Many may ask, “Why is it important to never stop praying when we are faced with COVID-19, destruction all over the world? And such ongoing negative things happening? Will I hear God, will my prayers be answered?”
“Be encouraged these challenging times are temporary and no weapon formed against you will prosper.” (Isaiah 54:17)
Here are 10 reasons to never stop praying:
- God’s Word works, (Isaiah 55:11).
- Great and powerful things happen when you pray, (James 5:16).
- The believer’s faith will grow when they pray steadfastly, effectively and fervently, (James 5:16).
- The Supreme and Sovereign God of the Universe encourages us to always pray and to never stop, (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- This is your spiritual weapon of warfare against the enemy (2 Corinthians 10:4-5). This spiritual weapon of prayer knows no boundaries and can go places where you cannot go, for example healing cancer, opening once difficult opportunities and, as a result, turning your situation around.
6. This is how we fight our battles while we wait, rest in God’s Presence and stand on His unfailing eternal Word. Remember that God will never and cannot lie (Numbers 23:19).
7. Praying draws you closer to God, our Father in heaven.
8. Praying encourages you to learn the Word and equips you to pray it back to God. As a result, you are speaking the same language for His Words are spirit and life (John 6:63).
9. Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Alas, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield crops, (James 5:17-18).
10. Finally, Hannah prayed for a son, she was discouraged and she poured out her heart to the Lord (1 Samuel 1:15). Her plea was heard, God answered her prayers, God granted her request, she gave birth to Samuel, (1 Samuel 1:19-20).
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY DEVOTIONAL
Start your day together with God and the GOD TV team. Get a daily devotional and encouraging 2-3minute video direct to your inbox.Join today