I believe America is in great need of prayer at this time. Right now, determine to be faithful to pray for our nation on this Independence Day.
Please share these requests with pastors, church leaders, intercessors in churches, ministries, and denominations. Additionally, share them with anyone who loves America.
People are hurting in the USA. Let’s pray for divine intervention in the present governmental crisis in America. Are you ready to go to God in prayer?
Prioritize these requests:
1. Ask God to lead our president and members of both houses of Congress to find a way to work together.
“Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.” (Jeremiah 29:7)
- Sovereign God, please guide the heart of the president and members of both houses of Congress to come together to find a common resolution for the border crisis and funding of the US Government.
- Holy Spirit, would You build within the president and members of Congress a spirit of humility, respect for one another, a spirit of understanding, and a determination to cooperate for the common good of the country.
- May each person seek the peace and prosperity of America, knowing when they do, each of them prospers.
- God our Provider, please take care of the many Government workers and their families including those who face financial setbacks through Government shutdowns.
2. Call out to God for families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America to love one another.
“Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” (1 John 4:7)
- When we belong to Jesus, we belong to love; therefore, call upon God for families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America to know that love is always God’s way.
- Call families, workplaces, communities, and cities to look to God, who is love, so they can experience the transforming power of love.
- Ask God for America’s families, workplaces, communities, and cities to begin to choose love and forgiveness, love and restitution, love and healing, love and unity, and a future transformed by the power of unconditional love.
- Ask God to raise up a Love One Another movement across America.
3. Appeal to God to mobilize leaders of towns and cities, as well as leaders of churches, businesses, schools, and denominations to have a regular prayer observance for America.
“Love one another. Just as I have loved you,” (John 13:34)
- Lord, we call upon You to mobilize leaders of towns and cities, as well as leaders of churches, businesses, schools, and denominations to have a regular prayer observance.
- Oh God, we ask You to create and build a mighty force of volunteers across the country to do all they can to insure we have thousands of prayer observances across America in all kinds of settings.
- Lord Jesus Christ, raise up hundreds of people who will support the National Day of Prayer Task Force as they lead this national prayer movement to pray for America. P
Pray for Kathy Branzell who has succeeded Dr Ronnie Floyd as NDOP President. She has been a longtime member of the Board of Directors of the NDP Task Force, having led and served alongside Vonette Bright, Shirley Dobson, Anne Graham-Lotz, and Dr Floyd.