Books For Life started on GOD TV on Friday April 6th and can now be seen regularly. Watch the series overview above and enjoy it with your family in front of the TV. (See GOD TV Schedule for broadcast times) This is the start of a brilliant new series for all who love to read. It presents the cream of the crop of Christian authors and books that will help you grow to become the person God intends you to be.
The series is hosted by Dr Krish Kandiah who is a prominent Christian leader in the UK and an author himself. Each episode of Books for Life features a particular author who shares a selection of books that have impacted their lives, before talking about their own writing career.
Starting off the series is popular Christian writer, Adrian Plass, who Dr Kandiah introduces as “one of the kings of Christian comedy”, who shows us how it’s possible to love Jesus and to laugh. His first book ‘The Diary of Adrian Plass’ is known as one of the funniest Christian books and has made Adrian the No 1 best-selling, living author in the UK.
“You don’t read a book, a book reads you,” says Adrian. “When you read you find out things you didn’t know were there. Books open us up to new ideas, they surprise and shock us and they give us new vision. So, I encourage you to read more!”
Coming up in the first 11 Episodes of Books For Life
- A life in Writing’. Adrian Plass one of the UK’s best-loved Christian authors tells stories that make viewers laugh and cry. He shares a poem about a hamster named ‘Fudge’ and he and his wife read an excerpt from his latest book, The Shadow Doctor. Click to watch online now!
- Event host and the author of ‘Paradoxology’ and God is Stranger’, Krish Kandiah invites viewers to look at some of the less explored parts of the Bible to find a new energy and intimacy in one’s relationship with God.
- Katharine Welby Roberts looks at what God has to say about mental health. She examines what it’s like to live with mental illness while holding on to faith while living life in the public spotlight.
- Making a Messy Difference. Lucy Moore, the founder of the global Messy Church initiative explains how to help the children in one’s life and community connect with God.
- Bob Hartman speaks on “Helping Children Develop a Faith that Lasts”, sharing how the younger generation can encounter God and the stories of the Bible in fresh and exciting ways.
- Pastor of Theology and author, Simon Ponsonby urges believers in God to be different. He offers an uncompromising challenge to God’s people to deal with the things that hold them back in their faith.
- Les Moir has been instrumental in the renewal of worship and has mentored leaders such as Martin Smith and Matt Redman. He talks on ‘Missing Jewel’, sharing how worship can transform people’s lives.
- Paul and Becky Harcourt of New Wine speak on Walking on Water, addressing the barriers in believer’s heads and hearts that prevent them from stepping out and experiencing supernatural ministry.
- What does it mean to find a home in a transient world? And help others find a home? Author, Jo Swinney shares some surprising answers to these questions, through her wide range of experience.
- An accomplished scientist and scholar, Alister McGrath criticizes the evangelism of the New Atheists and paves a logical well-argued road to the compatibility between science and faith.
- Christy Wimber of the Vineyard Church movement has traveled the world teaching and encouraging the Body of Christ. She is the author of Transformed, Challenging Myths About The Power-Filled Life.
Visit the Books For Life website for more information about this exciting new series and Book for Life’s wider mission to help inspire the Church.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY DEVOTIONAL
Start your day together with God and the GOD TV team. Get a daily devotional and encouraging 2-3minute video direct to your inbox.Join today