A Chick-fil-a employee saved a child’s life who was being choked by a seatbelt in the restaurant’s drive-through.
Right after a busy lunch rush at a Chick-Fil-A in Manchester, a frightening event happened. Panic-stricken screams were heard at the restaurant’s drive-through, the cries were from the SUV right outside the drive-through window.
It appeared that a child was being choked by a seat belt that had become wrapped around the child’s neck. The cries were from the other children in the car.
The child’s father rushed to the back seat to unwrap the seatbelt from around his son’s neck. Another customer left his car to help the frantic father, but they were both unsuccessful.
Chick-fil-a employee Zack Kokenzie heard the commotion happening. With his training as an Eagle Scout, he surveyed the situation and calmly walked over to help. Fellow team member Zachary Bullock passed a pair of scissors through the drive-through window to Zack. He then cut through the seatbelt, freeing the child.
Child’s life saved
With their teamwork and training, this Chick-fil-a team saved the child’s life. Store owner Alex Vann expressed his appreciation to his team.
“Zack and our team acted quickly in rescuing a child from a life-threatening situation. I am proud of Zack, Justin, Zachary B., and our team for their quick thinking and quick responses. This could have been far worse, but Zack and others were in the right place, with the right training and the right attitude to potentially save the life of one of our customers. We are glad everyone is alright,” Alex said in a statement.
Chick-fil-a Manchester Expressway
The account of the event was posted on Chick-fil-a Manchester Expressway Facebook page where hundreds are praising Zack and the team for their quick response.
“Actions like this by young men like these 2 bring back hope to me for young America. Job well-done fellas. With integrity and courage, you both had is a sign you will go far in life. GOD bless you both,” Tony Watsons commented on the Facebook post.