Give thanks for everything, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you, (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Giving thanks may seem a little bit far and stretched when we look at 2020 and what the world is currently going through, dark times, trials, troubles, and tribulations, but what’s new. James 1:2-4 encourages us to consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. Although these are temporary, giving thanks can be a challenge. However, God said it, let’s do it.
We can give thanks for everything because:
- God is with us in the trouble.
- God is our Present help.
- God is our Saviour.
- God is in the storm, in the trial, in the trouble, for He sees the Beginning and the End.
- We can trust Him and lean on His wisdom and understanding to help us, lead, and direct us.
- In everything give thanks, good and bad.
- For it is the will of God in Christ. His will is good, His plans for us are for good, Jeremiah 29:11
- God will never give us more than we can bear.
- What the enemy meant for evil, God turns it around for good.
- He always has a wall of protection around us.
- Greater is He that is us than he in the world, John 4:24.
- We are in the world but not of this world.
- Focus on things in heaven, not on things on the earth.
- God is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, Ephesians 3:20.