Following hot on the heels of Encounter 2018, in Sacramento, California, Banning Liebscher and the Jesus Culture Band are in the UK from 8-10 March to host the same life-changing event in Manchester. And, the good news is that GOD TV is there to broadcast Encounter 2018 worldwide.
Jesus Culture is a dynamic Christian movement that is impacting lives throughout the world as people experience encounters with God. It started as the youth outreach at Bethel Church Redding and is now a worldwide ministry of worship, events and leadership development.
Jesus Culture encompasses the passionate teaching ministry of its leader, Banning Liebscher and the impactful sounds of Contemporary Christian Music chart leaders, the Jesus Culture Band.
The USA, the UK, Mexico and South Africa are just some of the countries Jesus Culture will be ministering in this year and GOD TV is privileged to be able to broadcast the Manchester event live.
“God has shown us over and over again that a single encounter with Him can change everything,” said Banning. “The Lord has shown us this in our own lives, as well as in the Bible. There are countless stories of people who encountered Him and were forever changed. Whether you are on a mountaintop or in a valley, cling to the truth that what He has done He will do again.”
The Jesus Culture band is led by Kim Walker-Smith and Chris Quilla with Ian Macintosh on keys, Jeffrey Kunde as lead guitarist, Brandon Aaronson as bassist, Josh Fisher as drummer, and Skyler Smith as acoustic guitarist. Derek Johnson and Lindy Conant will also feature during this special Manchester event, along with UK worship leaders, Luke and Anna Hellebronth from Worship Central.
Jesus Culture Encounter 2018 Speakers
In addition to Banning Liebscher and Kim Walker-Smith, speakers at the three-day event will include: Lisa Bevere of Messenger International and Ben Fitzgerald of Awakening Europe. British leaders include Alan Scott of Causeway Coast Vineyard and Phil Smith of VineLife Church.
- Banning Liebscher is the founder of Jesus Culture, In 2014, he and the team planted Jesus Culture Sacramento, a church committed to seeing believers encounter God, be empowered as world changers, and engage their city as leaders. He is the author of three books, including: Rooted: the Hidden Places Where God Develops You.
- Kim Walker-Smith is a passionate worship leader with an anointing to bring a new generation into an encounter with God. Kim has been a part of Jesus Culture since the start of the ministry and is an integral part of the team. Her heart is to see people transformed by experiencing God’s love and for this generation to see themselves the way God does.
- Lisa Bevere’s authentic, passionate, and witty teachings weave profound biblical truths with practical application. A New York Times best-selling author, her books are in the hands of millions worldwide. Lisa and her husband John are the founders of Messenger International.
- Alan Scott is the founder of Causeway Coast Vineyard Church in Coleraine, Northern Ireland which has planted several other churches and is the originator and catalyst for the Healing on the Streets Movement. He and his wife Kathryn spend much of their time thinking and dreaming of ways to lead the Church beyond the building.
- Originally from Melbourne- Australia, Ben Fitzgerald met Jesus in an encounter that deeply changed his life in late in 2002 whilst he was in great darkness. Since then he has lived to show the world Jesus in everyday life, He served as a pastor at Bethel Church, Redding, and is now leads Awakening Europe in Germany. GOD TV has aired many of his events LIVE from Nuremberg, Stockholm and Prague.
- Phil Smith is the pastor of Vinelife Church, part of the Jesus Culture family, based in Manchester, UK. He and his wife Sarah are passionate about building an authentic community who encounter God, are fully empowered into their identity and who engage their city to lead in every area of society and culture. Phil is the Jesus Culture UK director and has been part of the Jesus Culture team pioneering a new student movement in British universities known as ‘Campus Awakening’.