We’ve all heard about the mid-life challenges people face, but what about the quarter-life issues young people are up against in their twenties? This can be a season of frustration and uncertainty. But instead of being swayed by the challenges that come our way, we can learn how to overcome our struggles and live a life that glorifies God.
Kristina Barrios recently celebrated her 22nd birthday by sharing these 15 secrets she’s learned so far to live a meaningful life in Christ. Every 20-something reader should find these helpful.
15 Life Changing Tips
1. Own a tumbler and make it your favorite thing. #waterislife
2. Eat healthily. You are what you eat. Take care of your body.
3. Keep a notebook. List important dates, victories, things to be grateful for, short term and long term goals, and answered prayers. Read this at the end of each year and you will see how God has been faithful to you!
4. Save and invest as early as you can. Remember that being rich should not be the end goal but an opportunity to bless more people (this will relate to my next point).
5. Invest in eternity (Matthew 6:19-21). Wealth can give you temporary enjoyment but it will not give you eternal life. Pay your tithes, give to less the fortunate, support a charity and help volunteers and missionaries.
6. Be insured while you are still insurable. You never know what may happen in life. Be prepared, especially if you are the breadwinner in your family.
7. Pray and fast. If you want to align your life to God’s perfect plan, build a deeper relationship with Him through prayer and fasting. You will be amazed by the results!
8. Schedule some “Me time”. Treat yourself every now and then. Have a massage, satisfy your cravings or just sit and meditate.
9. Spend time with your family. Eat, travel and pray together. Talk about your plans and dreams. Spend time with your loved ones while you still have the chance to do so.
10. Keep your life private. You don’t need to post everything on social media. Sometimes the happiest people are the discrete ones who are just enjoying their life and not broadcasting it to the whole world.
Our 20s can be a time of frustration and uncertainty, but instead of being swayed by this season of life, let’s learn to overcome our struggles and live a life that glorifies God.
11. Choose your friends wisely. You are a product of the people you are always with. Be with someone who will be there for you, not only in good times but also in the tough times. #qualityoverquantity
12. Guard your heart (Proverbs 4:23). Whatever your heart is full of, it will overflow. Examine your heart regularly.
13. Seek to understand, not to be understood. There’s always a story behind each situation, don’t be too quick to judge.
14. Be appreciative. Grab every opportunity to be grateful in life. Then you will see that you will stop grumbling, and your worries will disappear.
15. Love always. When you’re worn out, tired, and can’t imagine showing love to anyone else, remember that God loved you so much that he sent his Son to die for you. “We love because He first loved us” #alwaysrefuelyourlovetank
May these life-changing tips be helpful to you, especially if you are in your twenties! And remember to put your trust and focus in the Lord in every season of your life.
Source: Facebook | Kristina Barrios