Abba Sessions with Jenny Kutz offers hope to the children of divorce
Divorce is a tough topic that is hard to discuss, yet, it seems to be happening everywhere, even in Christian families. Many young people are struggling to come to terms with their parent’s break up. They may find themselves in a new place, far away from everything familiar. They may need to deal with the loss of one of their parents, who is no longer around or to try and come to terms with a new ‘blended family’ where everything is different.
These are very real issues that God cares about and which GOD TV wants to address to offer hope to the children of divorce. For this reason, we’re pleased to announce the start of Abba Sessions with Jenny Kutz, who experienced the pain of her parent’s divorce, at 17-years-of-age.
Jenny now has a ministry called Love to the Nations and is the author of Abba: Finding Comfort in the Father After Your Parents’ Divorce. She feels she has a responsibility to assist young people to walk through the hurt and disappointment of divorce with God’s help. As you watch the Abba Sessions you will understand that God has a wonderful plan for your life, despite the circumstances you find yourself and especially despite the struggles of growing up as a child of divorce.
While divorce may seem like a hopeless situation, like a ceiling limiting a young person’s future, it’s not. There is hope and that hope is in Jesus Christ. Yes, we know the enemy is out to destroy marriages and now there is a generation in which many don’t know how to be a father or a mother because they didn’t have that example. But God can turn things around.
The Abba Sessions
In each of the Abba Sessions, Jenny talks to young people who share the struggles stemming from the separation of their parents and how they’ve found victory by knowing God as their ‘Abba’ (daddy). Coming up on Abba Sessions:
- The first episode examines the Father’s love, looking at how people see God. If one has had a poor relationship with one’s earthly father, then that can lead to a poor concept of God, however that shouldn’t stop us from knowing God as our daddy (Abba) and how much He loves us.
- This episode is entitled Loved and shows how God’s unfailing love changes everything.
- Jenny talks to young people about the range of raw emotions that follow a family break up and how to deal with them.
- Today’s topic is Forgiveness and the panel discuss how this brings freedom to all who are hurting.
- This episode deals with Healing.
- Jenny looks at the things that happen when one’s parents split: new siblings, a new way of life and how to be victorious though everything has changed. This episode is entitled Brand New Day.
Love to the Nations
Jenny lives to see the Gospel spread to the nations and longs for young people, and especially orphans to know they have a father. Love to the Nations exists to share the love of Jesus in word and in deed and one of its projects is the Abbahouse, a children’s home in Greece. Jenny currently splits her time between supporting this work in Greece and traveling around the world sharing the message of love to the fatherless.
Abbahouse is founded on the promise of Jesus found in John 14:18 ‘I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.’ This same promise is available to all. We can all be transformed by the God’s love as we experience Him as daddy.
You can get a copy of Jenny’s book on Amazon. If you live near Texas, you may want to hear Jenny in person. She will be speaking at Jesus Conference Houston from April 19-21, hosted by Michael and Jessica Koulianos of Jesus Image.