Pray For Syria: Our Responsibility as the Body of Christ
The Syrian Crisis has scattered more than 6.3 million people within the country and 5 million to neighboring countries. Thousands of people have made a desperate bid to reach Europe by any possible means, and too many have died along the way. God loves each and every one of these people, and it is our duty as the body of Christ to do what we can to help them, starting with our prayers.
5 ways to pray about the Syrian refugee crisis
- The Syrian people are suffering from widespread conflict. More than 350,000 to 450,000 lives have been lost since the conflict began in 2011.
Pray for supernatural peace in Syria.
- Many uprooted families are fleeing to Europe by dangerous means or over land on long treks. Some countries are closing their borders to refugees due to the swelling numbers.
Pray for the Wisdom of the neighboring countries.
- There are many ancient Christian communities in this region going back to New Testament times.
Pray for protection for our brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Syrian families face many safety and wellness issues.
Pray for the lives of innocents to be spared.
- These people are lost and broken. They are poor, needy, orphaned, and afraid. Jesus came to save these people. Jesus loves them so much and He wants to save them.
Pray for the salvation of the Syrian refugees.
You can make a difference…
Many people – even those who consider themselves to be humanitarians have become numb to the Syrian conflict and the chaos it has bred. The political chaos of the situation keeps many caring individuals at a big distance. There is an urgent need for churches to come together in prayer and support for these people who are in desperate circumstances. We can all do our part and find a way to help save these children and their families. God loves them and that means we should too!
Hillsong Church has started a Refugee Response that you can be a part of! Find out more HERE!