Here are the seven things that brought woe to the Pharisees and can bring woe to us.
Dr. Billy Wilson of World Impact explains the seven things that brought woe to the Pharisees. He also warned everyone to live not like the Pharisees if we want to avoid His wrath. He started his message by defining what “woe” means.
“This word ‘woe’ comes from a word ‘wā’ which means wrath or sorrow,” Dr. Billy said.
He then referenced Matthew 23: 29-31 to enumerate the things that the Pharisees did that brought wrath and sorrow to them.
- “You keep people out of the Kingdom of God and you don’t let them in.”
- “You’re aggressive to get others on your side, but then you make them children of hell like you are.”
- “You’re blind guides. You have selective obedience and you’re masters of evasion and excuses.”
- “They emphasize minors over majors.”
- “You clean the outside of the cup but you leave the inside full of garbage.”
- “You’re like people that whitewash tombs. You pain the outside of the tomb, you make it beautiful but inside, it’s full of dead man’s bones.”
- “You have selective amnesia, you fake it, you’re deceiving yourselves.”
“As we look at the Pharisees, it is the way that we should not live in trying to pursue purity. Hypocrisy takes us away from authenticity, they are contradictory to one another.”
Let us live not like the Pharisees. If we want to live a life that glorifies the Father, we must live in authenticity and pursue purity.
Read also: PURSUING THE LORD AT EVERY AGE
Grow closer to God daily by getting exclusive video teachings on God Today!
Reference: YouTube | GOD TV