You see the advertisements on television and on the side of the highway. “Earn your Online Degree,” the billboard shout to passersby. You may have given it thought, going back to school. But between your full-time job, the kids, and other obligations, the commitment of attending a college is so far back that it isn’t even on the back burner anymore. However, when you understand how online Christian colleges work, you may discover that there is time, even amongst your never-ending schedule.
What are Online Christian Colleges?
Online Christian colleges function nearly the same as sitting in a classroom at a university or community college; you are earning credits toward a degree, but you are doing it from the comfort of your home. In addition to receiving an education, the greatest benefit is that you can work at your own pace. There is no scheduled “class time” other than the time you set for yourself. And even that is not set. Online Christian colleges work with the pace of your day. Mornings, evenings, weekends, it’s all up to you.
How can I benefit from Online Christian Colleges?
There are advantages to a face-to-face classroom setting; you can easily ask questions with immediate answers, you have peers to associate with, and some will take a classroom setting more seriously. However, then the time issue creeps up. This is where an online degree becomes more attractive. Here are some other benefits of online Christian colleges:
- An online degree is the same as a classroom degree. Other than the setting, there is no difference between a degree at a university and a degree from an online college. You have the same course material and support structure; the only difference is the time spent achieving your goal.
- An online degree is often less expensive. Since you are not having to pay for housing and sometimes textbooks, you save a great deal of money by studying online.
- An online degree offers a great selection. In addition to cost savings, you have a greater variety of courses to choose from. You are not limited to the itinerary laid out by an institution. Many times, if a classroom course does not meet the required number of students enrolled, or if they do not have a teacher for that class, it will be canceled. With an online course, you do not have that issue.
- An online degree makes you promotable. More employers require a college degree for upper management positions, even if you have years of experience with the company. And even if they did count years on the job as a credible experience, they may accept someone with less hands-on experience who has a college degree.
- An online degree makes you profitable. With a degree, you become valuable to a company. The one you work for, or the one you are seeking to apply for. A degree allows you to receive better pay in your field of expertise.
Where Can I Apply?
This is another benefit of obtaining a degree online. There are no limits on which college you apply to. You can live anywhere in the United States; or anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection.
Just as there are more prestigious college campuses, there are more attractive online Christian colleges. This does not discount the degree itself, but a more recognizable name could be more acceptable to an employer. While unfair, because a degree is a degree, it is something to be considered. Niche has compiled for 2020 the best online Christians colleges in America. With this guide, all the research is done. Each listing has the school info, what they require, and how to apply.
Online Christian Colleges: Final Word
It is never too late to begin to accomplish your dream of acquiring a degree. Whether your reasoning is for career advancement, an educational goal, or an item to check off the bucket list, there is an online university and online Christian colleges ready to take your application.
Keep in mind that while many offer a degree from the comfort of your home, many still abide by certain rules for applicants. High School transcripts and an SAT or ACT score may still apply. Check with the institution for all the details about applicant requirements.
Attending college is a difficult process, maybe even more for an online student. While time is on your side, it is also time that can be your greatest enemy. It takes a special determination because you are the manager of your time. Seek God in prayer and speak with trusted individuals that can help you stay accountable for your studies. As with any major decision in your life, make sure you are walking the path God has laid out for you. If you are in His Will, there is no way you can fail.