This week Christianity Today (CT) won 29 publishing awards chosen by journalism peers at the Evangelical Press Association’s (EPA) annual convention April 7-9, 2019 in Oklahoma City.
Each year the Evangelical Press Association honors member publications through two contests: the Awards of Excellence for publications as a whole and the Higher Goals for individual pieces that were produced during the 2018 calendar year.
ChristianityToday.com won the top Award of Excellence for General Publication (Digital). Additionally, the ministry won two Awards of Merit in the Ministry (Digital) category for ChurchLawandTax.com and the Newsletter (Print) category for Church Finance Today.
Of the 26 Higher Goals awards the ministry received, the following six categories included first place winners:
- Biblical Exposition: CT, A Consecrated Fool – Fred Smith
- Critical Review: CT, The Dangerous Mr. Rogers – D. L. Mayfield
- Editorial: CT Online, We Need an Independent Investigation of Sovereign Grace Ministries – Mark Galli
- Standing Column: CT, Spirited Life – Andrew Wilson
- Titles: CT, My Pregnancy, Not My Baby; The Arbor of God; Love Your Frenemies – Kate Shellnutt, Alecia Sharp, Matt Reynolds, Sarah Gordon, Andy Olsen
- Two-Page Spread Design: CT, My Pregnancy, Not My Baby – Alecia Sharp, Melanie Grizzel
“We’re always grateful to be recognized by fellow professionals for journalistic excellence,” said CT editor in chief Mark Galli. “What’s good to see is that we received awards in many areas, which suggests that CT overall is firing on all cylinders.
“What’s not noted in the awards is the work of our marketing, advertising, circulation, finances, technology, fundraising, and operations departments – all of which makes the work of our editors and designers possible.”
About Christianity Today
Christianity Today is a nonprofit, global media ministry centered on Beautiful Orthodoxy – strengthening the Church by richly communicating the breadth of the true, good, and beautiful Gospel. Reaching over five million people monthly with various digital and print resources, the ministry equips Christians to renew their minds, serve the Church, and create culture to the glory of God.
Photo: CT Instagram