Finding the right college is never an easy process. There is so much to choose from. And with everyone buzzing their Alma Mater in your ear, it is easy to become confused. It is important not to force yourself to attend somewhere, someone else wants you to go. A high school graduate is an adult now, able to make decisions on their own. To attend a college like Trinity Christian College is yours to make. With a little homework and seeking God’s will, your college will be a fulfilling decision.
About Trinity Christian College
- Location – This Northeastern Illinois college is in the city of Palos Heights. It is just twenty miles away from Chicago as well as the Indiana state line.
- Accreditation – Trinity Christian College is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission; they offer students four-year Bachelor’s degrees, a Graduate program, as well as Adult Undergraduate services.
- Ranking – Trinity Christian College ranks at number 26 on the best college locations in Illinois according to Niche.
- Denomination Affiliation – The college holds roots to Reformation Christianity that is foundationally and pervasive today. Their heritage is the Christian faith in the infallible Word of God for the evangelism of the world.
While Trinity Christian College may be a smaller college, it has much to offer students. One of the primary considerations a prospective student makes is on the campus life of the college. One of the unique offerings this college campus offers is restrooms in the dorm room; most others require an entire floor to share facilities. The rooms are also separated into separate living spaces, not one common room.
- Living Accommodations – Students who are younger than 22 are required to live on campus unless they are local students who reside at home. The campus has four residence halls; Two for freshmen and two for upperclassmen. Men and women live in the same hall, but on different floors.
- Population – The small college has an attendance of around 1000 students. They have a student to faculty ratio of 11:1. Trinity Christian College is less competitive regarding the application; they have a high, 88%, acceptance rate.
- Student Life – One of the things TCC is known for is its student life. They provide numerous student activities to promote the sense of community within the student body. Activities include live music, talent shows, movie nights, and exploring the Chicago area. They also have an athletic program that includes Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Track and field, Men’s Baseball, and Women’s Softball.
- Spiritual Life –Chapel and worship services are available throughout the week, as well as Sunday services. There are also individual ministries for men, women, and prayer. There is also an on-campus Chaplain available.
- Popular Majors at Trinity Christian College
The small college offers three degree programs with over 110 major and minor choices. Each path leads to a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. They also offer programs for the adult undergraduate. They do not provide an online program.
- Undergraduate – Trinity Christian College offers degrees in Arts and Humanities, Natural and Applied Sciences, and Social Sciences. The popular majors are in Elementary Education, Nursing, and Psychology.
- Graduate – They offer five Master’s degrees; Psychology, ESL, and Special Education with three different focuses.
- Adult Undergraduate – For adults looking to go back to school to complete their degree, Trinity offers nine programs in Business Management, Psychology, and Education. The adult undergraduate works with the schedule of the learner, offering evening classes to accommodate those who work during the day.
- Grades – Trinity Christian College requires a High School transcript with a minimum 2.5 GPA, or previous College credit hours completed. They also require ACT, CLT, or SAT scores. The minimum for SAT is 990; ACT is 19; CLT is 64.
- Fees – There is no application fee but require a $250 enrollment deposit upon acceptance.
- Cost – The cost for undergraduates to attend Trinity Christian College, before financial aid, is just under 31K per year.
The Final Word
Trinity Christian College offers scholarships, grants, and waivers to assist students with financing education.
Whether you are Freshman just starting out, a returning second or third-year student or an adult looking to complete an education they began years ago, finding the right college is a major decision. Following God’s call is always the foremost consideration to make. Go where God directs you. It is a student’s job to take the first step, it is God’s to line the path. Therefore, spend time in prayer and seek the advice of trusted friends and mentors. Through the group effort, He will lead you, just as he led Isaiah and gave him the promise of lighting the way.