When it comes time for a child to cross the finish line of their High School education, on the horizon sits a view that can be overwhelming. College is a big step. For some students, they already know where the next step in their calling lies. But for those who are still weighing their options, there are institutions like Trinity Baptist College that are giving students a quality education with strong Christian roots.
About Trinity Baptist College
- Location – Trinity Baptist College is a northeastern Florida school located in Jacksonville. It is just south of the Florida/Georgia line, just miles from the Atlantic coast.
- Accreditation – Trinity Baptist College is fully accredited through the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools. They offer students four-year bachelor’s degrees.
- Denomination Affiliation – The college has an affiliation with the Baptist denomination and is part of the greater Trinity Baptist Ministries. This includes the nearby Trinity Baptist Church, the home church of TBC.
While Trinity Baptist College has a small enrollment, it has much to offer students. Campus life is always part of the decision-making process regarding school selection. If you are interested in attending a large university, then this college campus may not be your best option. However, if a smaller setting is something that interests you, then TBC may be the right college for your education.
- Living Accommodations – Students are not required to live on campus at Trinity Baptist College. The campus has two residence halls; one for men and one for women.
- Population – The small college has around 320 full-time students. They have a student to faculty ratio of 15:1. As with most smaller schools, they are somewhat stricter regarding acceptance; they have a 34% admission rate.
- Student Life – The school offers ample on-campus activities, including sports competitions, banquets, and student body organizations, as well as a Student Activity Center.
- Spiritual Life – Trinity Baptist College is an extension of Trinity Baptist Church. The school was founded to prepare people for the ministry while maintaining close ties to the local church. While its growth has expanded its ministry, they still hold to their dedication for spiritual growth. They have weekly chapel services, numerous ministry opportunities, and small groups for evangelism and discipleship.
Popular Majors at Trinity Baptist College
The small college offers a large variety of degree programs.
- Undergraduate – They offer 25 different degree programs for students. Their most popular degrees are in Bible Study, Business, and Education.
- Graduate – Trinity offers two graduate programs. One in Education and the other in the Bible. Both are online courses.
- Online Programs – At the moment, TBC offers five Online Degree Program that includes Two Associates degrees, a Bachelor in Biblical Studies, and the aforementioned Master’s programs.
- Grades – Trinity Baptist College requires a High School transcript or previous College credit hours completed or equivalent. They also need to see ACT or SAT scores. Minimum range for SAT is 840-1000; ACT is 16-22.
- Fees – Along with your application, there is a non-refundable $35 application fee.
- Cost – The cost of attendance for a full-time Freshman before financial aid is just over 20K per year; this includes room and board, but not books or other personal expenses.
- Financial Aid – Like most institutions of higher learning, TBC offers methods of financial aid. They offer scholarships, grants, as well as student loans.
The Final Word
As a child grows into adulthood, they are faced with new and exciting decisions. Which college to apply for is the first big decision they will make. As with all decisions, there are several things to consider before taking the leap. Does this school line up with a calling? Where is it located? As well as the costs of attending, are all essential factors. Of course, God will always lead and provide the right direction. Spend time in prayer and seek advice from trusted individuals. Through Godly counsel, you will know the way to go; the promise God gave to Isaiah still applies to you today.
Jeff S Bray wrote this article.