Motivational Bible Verses for Work
Need some motivation for work? Check out my top 10 motivational bible verses. Print all or some of these out and put them around your office or work area for encouragement throughout the day.
1. Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. – Deuteronomy 15:10
Are you a generous person? Be excited! The Lord will bless you in everything you put your hand to. That’s a great promise! You get to give and the Lord gives more. Maybe that’s why it’s more blessed to give than receive?
2. May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us; yes, establish the work of our hands. – Psalm 90:17
The favor of the Lord rests upon the work of His people’s hands. He will establish your work, as you remain faithful.
3. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. – Psalm 128:2
As you work, blessings and prosperity will be yours!
4. Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense. – Proverbs 12:11
Remaining faithful to work diligently will cause an abundance of food to be yours. What are you working towards right now? Stay faithful and steadfast, not getting distracted and the Lord will provide abundantly.
5. All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. – Proverbs 14:23
If you’re working hard right now, don’t quit! You will see the fruit of your hard work. You will be profitable! Keep it up!
6. So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them? – Ecclesiastes 3:22
Do you enjoy your work? That’s perhaps one of the greatest gifts the Lord can bestow upon His people. May your workday be filled with joy.
7. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom. – Ecclesiastes 9:10
Are you working with all your might? May the Lord fill you with strength and might for the task set before you.
8. Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval. – John 6:27
Jesus is redirecting our attention towards Heaven and the reality of eternity. He wants us to show up with food to eat in the age to come. Work for food that endures.
9. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. – Colossians 3:23
Work as unto the Lord! You might have a boss. Regardless of your feelings about him or her, Jesus is whom you’re really serving. Work for Him with all your heart.
10. And to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands. – 1 Thessalonians 4:11
Paul highlights the importance of minding our own business and working with our hands. The Lord exalts the humble. In due time the Lord will promote you and reward you as you remain diligent to the task.
May the Lord encourage you through His word while working. There are some great promises found in the word of God that are good reminders throughout the day. Remain faithful and steadfast, watching for the hand of the Lord in your midst.