When President Donald J Trump made comments regarding late-term abortion and infanticide at his recent rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin, he kicked over a hornet’s nest. According to Operation Rescue, the media headlines were scathing:
- “Trump Pushes Dangerous Abortion Lies At Wisconsin Rally” – The Huffington Post
- “Trump offers incendiary falsehood on abortion at Wisconsin rally” – CNN
- “Trump Has a New Go-To Lie About Abortion, and It’s Horrific” – Mother Jones
- “Trump’s Lies About Abortion Keep Getting More Disturbing” – The Cut
- “Trump’s Anti-Abortion Incitement: The president’s lies about infanticide could inspire violence” – NYT
Twitter also lit up with many tweets denouncing the President and accusing him of inciting violence, being deranged, and bringing shame on women. So, what did President Trump say that has abortion apologists essentially foaming at the mouth with outrage?
President Trump on Late-Term abortion
“Your Democrat Governor here in Wisconsin shockingly stated that he will veto legislation that protects Wisconsin babies born alive,” Trump explained. “The baby’s born. The mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully. And then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby.”
Operation Rescue has announced that the organization strongly stands behind President Trump’s abortion statements and has published an article debunking the lies that are flooding the Internet regarding his comments on late-term abortions and abortion survivors. “We have taken each unfounded accusation and provided evidence that President Trump is telling the truth about radical abortion laws meant to liberalize abortion through all nine months of pregnancy and even beyond.”
About Operation Rescue
Operation Rescue is one of the leading Pro-Lfe Christian activist organizations in the nation and has become a strong voice for the Pro-Life Movement in America.